Palm Tree Academy encourages parent involvement in the classroom, planning and organizing extracurricular activities/events, and at home (e.g. homework, informal learning activities, home reading time, etc.)
The school board has outlined the following types of parent involvement:
- Parenting: Help families establish home environments to support children as students in educational and life skills.
- Communicating: Design effective forms of school-to-home and home-to-school communications about school programs and children’s progress.
- Volunteering: Recruit and organize parent help and support.
- Learning at Home: Provide information, ideas, and strategies to families about how to help students at home with homework and other curriculum-related activities, decisions and planning.
- Decision-Making: Include parents in school decisions, develop parent leaders and representatives. Parent members are encouraged to be part of the Campus Improvement Team.
- Collaborating with Community – Advocacy Support Services: Identify and integrate resources and services from the community to strengthen school programs, family practices and student learning and development.
Need a little guidance to help with your child at home? Below are links to some online resources…
Free Parent Resources & Webinars by brighthorizons.com
Positive Parenting Solutions – Get Your Kids to Listen Without Nagging, Reminding, or Yelling…. webinars